If you don’t disrupt your industry, someone else will
Large companies know that a couple of "entrepreneurs in a garage" can deploy disruptive technologies quickly and cheaply.
We help enterprises to source innovation from the broader entrepreneurial community, and also work with corporates to bring the Startup Mindset to their organisations:
- reducing cost of innovation,
- creating a pro-active way to manage the threat and opportunities of disruption.
We work with you and the broad entrepreneurial community to enable the innovation of breakthrough products, processes and solutions for opportunity areas in your business, making the most of your capabilities and aligning to your strategy, while pushing the boundaries in your industry.
- Your team learns entrepreneurial techniques and skills & harnesses the creativity and energy of entrepreneurs
- We help you break down current barriers to innovation within your business, preparing a supportive core business environment for innovation & innovative teams to flourish
What sets us apart?
- We have deep experience of successfully leading complex innovation projects in large, listed companies. We know what you are going through!
- Unlike most consultants or academics, we have actually built successful businesses from the ground up. We have been responsible for more than 20 startups in multiple industries.
- We are located in Australia's leading entrepreneurial community.
- We solve problems using a mixture of world leading tools such as innovation contests, design thinking, lean startup methodology, Skunk Works® & low-cost ("Jugaad") innovation.
- We have studied innovation and strategy best practice in-person at Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, London Business School, UTS, and some of the world's leading entrepreneurial communities. We have picked the brains of the world leaders in innovation.
- We have global experience that we apply right here in Sydney. We have consulted to executives in over 15 countries.
Our team has delivered large scale corporate innovation in four continents, and has advised senior executives in 15 countries.
- Setup of the world's second largest and most successful mobile banking deployment ever.
- Setup of mobile payments environment with over 5000 branches including the largest independent bill collection service/aggregator in country.
- Developed models to integrate mobile financial services with third parties to develop new business models e.g. agriculture, insurances etc.
- Our team co-founded an IT company that grew to over 1200 staff in 3 years.
- We have built Joint Venture entities in finance, health, superannuation, employee benefits.
- We help some of Australia's largest listed entities innovate.
Some practical examples of what we have done/ are doing:
- Facilitate innovation workshops for Australia's top banks to achieve tailored outcomes (and our clients have loved it!).
- Run innovation contests within the entrepreneurial community to find simple and elegant new solutions to old problems.
- Helping an industry help their members transform in response to competitive pressures.
- Co-venturing with an ASX top 50 company as a hedge against erosion of their core business from new technology disruptors.
- Transformed a Telco by helping them acquire a bank and leverage their assets to become the biggest bank in their country.
- Helped set up many cross-industry joint ventures for large corporates.
- Stripped out an consolidated four post-merger IT departments and turned them into an industry-wide business process outsourcing hub.
- Stripped out under-performing cost-centres for Health and Finance industry players, and turned them into revenue-generating ventures.